Lose Yourself in a book!
I love to read both fiction and non, but I often don’t have the time…or so I think. But come Summer, one of my favorite treats is to float on a raft in my pool and read. This year the pool had issues so I didn’t get started until we were on vacation and this is the book I took with me. Affiliate Links
- If you can only fit one book in this Summer and you enjoy a nail biter, The Woman in Cabin 10 is the book for you!
(Click the images to purchase. ) I have read some great books this year so far and The Woman in Cabin 10 was no exception. You know how you like a good book to last? Just couldn’t do it because I couldn’t put it down. It lasted just 2 days. I was so into it during our lake vacation that I stayed up most of the night on our last night so I could finish it and pass it on to a friend. 5 Stars
2. Confession, I have not read The Lying Game yet, but frankly once I find an author I love I am faithful! So Ruth’s next novel is now available for pre-order as it comes out in two weeks and has received great reviews as well. I am adding this to my reading list for Summer, how about you?
Can’t rate this one yet. But I will update once I get the chance to read it.
3. I LOVED The Weekenders! This one had me guessing and wondering on every page. Perfect for the pool, beach or hammock.
If I could only purchase two…this one and the woman in cabin 10 would be my picks. 5 Stars
4. The Couple Next Door was also a quick read. Usually I can guess what is going on in a plot and while I had some of it figured out there was always something else totally unexpected thrown into the mix.
I give this a 4 Star but I can’t tell you why because I don’t want to give anything away. If you read it you will understand, but please don’t let that discourage you from reading it…it is still a very suspenseful and “can’t put it down” read.
5. I love the fresh start, find the secrets kind of novel. The Night The Lights Went Out sounds very intriguing. I also love to change the location. So many of the beach reads are in the same area of the country so here we go to Georgia with it’s Southern Charm and all. Can’t wait to get this one.
No rating as of this writing since I have not read it yet.
6. Recommended by my daughter, Clarissa, The Midwife’s Confession was one she was thrilled to share with me.
Her description was definitely 5 Star. It starts with a letter of confession, you can only imagine the rest~
7. Breaking the Silence was also recommended by my daughter. We, like my mother and I , recommend good books to each other often.
Clarissa also gives this one a 5 Star rating. One problem my daughter and I have about sharing our books is she uses audible. Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
and has them read to her and I am still the gal who wants to see the book cover, hold the book and turn the pages. I love it when they get damp because I was at the pool or beach, it marks a memory when I pick up a book again.
8. The Husband’s Secret was one that came up as a recommend from my daughter and the names sounded so familiar that I know I have read this one already.
It sounded suspenseful which I really love. Since I read it and don’t remember it, I need to track it down again and read it again. Do you ever do that?
9. Actually, I am doing that at this moment. Last September, my daughter gave me the best birthday gift. She bought about 5 novels that she either already read and loved or ones she had heard from others were really good and she was hoping to borrow when I was done. I have been working my way through them and last week our backyard pool finally opened and my first activity was to float and read.
Truly Madly Guilty is a book I know I have read before…most likely last Summer, but I obviously passed it on to my Mom because I don’t have it. One of the nice things about growing older is though something may be familiar, you can’t always recall the movie or book and so yes, I am reading it again. As soon as I was in the pool floating I had dejavu’ , I knew I had read this book floating in this pool probably last Summer! It has been a page turner already. 5 Stars from Clarissa and most likely me as well.
10. Last one recommended by Clarissa, Finders Keepers is a twisted tale of life long secrets and how they affect lives years later. Always a plot that keeps you guessing.
5 Stars from Clarissa and a new author introduced to the group here.
11. OM! This was the first in the gift basket that Clarissa gave me that I read and I just could not put it down. It was a little confusing at first because of the unfolding of the plot going from a future time to the present and back, but once I got used to that I was hooked.
I was astounded to just realize that this is an author I have been reading for years but paying no attention to the name and now here 3 books listed in this one group that I have or am reading. If you don’t know yet, this book was turned into an HBO series starring Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon, but I don’t get HBO, so I have not seen it. However, that should be an indication that this is indeed a 5 STAR book!
12. A new release that sounds like a very interesting read. This will be on my wish list for my upcoming birthday. Hint!
No Rating yet since I haven’t read it. It Happens in the Hamptons is an outsider turned insider’s perspective on life and lifestyle in this little haven for those on holiday.
That is a great list if you are looking for what I call “book vacations.” They take you away like a great movie at the theater, but you become more involved because you are reading every word and making pictures to go with it in your mind, essentially writing the movie of it in your mind. Yes, I read non-fiction, but this list is for fun, escapes and relaxation. Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite author that fits this genre? Do you have a favorite Summer Read you would recommend? I would love to hear them.
Thanks for visiting today, and enjoy the world of fiction as often as you can.